Saturday, May 4, 2013

Flash Forward

We are on vacation.  In fact, we have been on vacation with our middle daughter and her family all week.  Today is our last day here.  We are at the beach - about five hundred feet from the Atlantic Ocean.  The house we are staying in has eight bedrooms, eight and a half bathrooms, a living room and kitchen overlooking the ocean, a media room, a laundry, and an elevator.  It is absolutely beautiful. 

Our vacation has been just about perfect.  We have gone shopping, eaten out some and had some really excellent food my daughter has cooked, had fun with the grandchildren, watched some movies, read a book, and been to the beach.

I thought you might be interested in my beach attire.  Given the fact that I am older now and never did have a bikini figure, the clothes I wear to the beach do seem to cover me more than most people think necessary to go swimming or sun bathing.  We drove the five hundred feet to the beach because the sand is very hard to walk in and there are very high sand dunes to climb that I can't do anymore, and there are wild horse here that are beautiful to look at but dangerous to get close too.

Our daughter is married to one of the best sons-in-law I could ever ask for.  He brought a beach chair for me to sit in and placed it next to the car so I could get out of the wind if I wanted to.  Now why, you ask, would someone want to get in out of the wind at the beach.  Maybe if I tell you what I wore to the beach you might understand.  I had on socks and shoes, jeans, shirt, sweater, windbreaker, hat with the windbreaker hood pulled over top of it, and I sat in the beach chair with a heavy blanket wrapped around me.

You see, it is May in North Carolina but somebody apparently forgot to tell Mother Nature to turn off the winter winds so we could romp in the ocean and go home with just a hint of a tan.  The weather man also got it wrong when he said it would be in the 70's and 80's this week.  Last night we sat in the hot tub where my wonderful daughter and son-in-law fashioned a tent from the heavy cover so that we could have a hot tub cabana and not be hit by the frigid air. 

So now I must go and pack up my capri pants, thin shirts, and sun tan lotion so that they will be ready for our next trip to the sunshine and surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment